Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Announcement

PRESS RELEASE

Jerry Kucera has announced that he will run for Scott County Commissioner against incumbent Joe Wagner and Joe Thill.

“Because I’m not your average Joe I believe I can bring a fresh perspective to the County Board,” said Jerry.

Jerry and his wife Rhonda live on a hobby farm in Sand Creek Township. Rhonda is a substitute teacher in the Jordan school district. Their daughter, Jennifer, is a kindergarten teacher in New Prague, and their son, Nathan, will be student teaching in Jordan and Belle Plaine this fall.

Jerry was born and raised in Belle Plaine, graduating from high school there in 1977. He received a degree in Speech Communication from St. Cloud State University where he also studied Political Science and History. He has been a State Farm Insurance agent in Shakopee since 1985.
“My 25 years of experience helping people protect their resources and preserve their income allows me to serve the citizens of this county with those same goals. Our elected representatives must be responsible stewards of the citizen’s money. A big challenge facing local governments is how to maintain a current level of service with less tax revenue.”

“One new program I’m really exited about is FISH (Families and Individuals Sharing Hope). This cooperative effort between county human services, charitable and non-profit organizations may seem like a new way for government to do business, but it actually reminds me of the old way of doing things: people helping one another without relying solely on the government.

“SCALE (Scott County Association for Leadership and Efficiency) is another example of how building relationships can have a positive effect. SCALE is made up of county, city, school and townships officials as well as those from the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community. I agree that by working together and sharing resources we can be more efficient and reduce costs. With the success of FISH and SCALE I’m anxious to see if we can establish a FIN or GILL program.”

“Several years ago I helped lead a group of citizens committed to protecting Scott County. A New York corporation wanted to build an amphitheater here and we were able to stop them. We did this by adopting an attitude of working with “city hall” instead of fighting them. This was accomplished by building associations with representatives from all levels of government (local, state and federal), as well as civic groups, and the people who call Scott County home.”

“I can use my communication skills (listening first, then speaking), and my ability to establish relationships with people from a variety of groups and perspectives to serve the people of Scott County.”

“I want to give back to the people of District 1 by representing them at the county board. I live in the middle of the district and my office is within 4 blocks of the County Government center. These locations, combined with an adjustable work schedule will assure that the citizens of this district will have full representation in county government. With their support, I will work to make sure that Scott County continues to be a wonderful place to live and work for generations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment