Thursday, June 17, 2010

Belle Plaine Rotary

This week I was invited (or maybe I invited myself and they were too polite to say no), to speak to the Rotary club in Belle Plaine. I had a lot of fun., and the food was fantastic. Some of the same people who were members when my Dad was a Rotarian are still there.

Thomas Wolfe wrote, "you can't go home again." Going back home is never the same, but many of the same faces and feelings are still there. I think you can go home again - you just have to be ready for some changes.

Speaking of which (how's that for a shameless transition?), people ask me what kind of changes I would implement if elected. I am not as interested in changing things as I am in improving them. Our roads could be better, we could strengthen our law enforcement with more officers and patrol cars, and we could be better stewards of the citizen's tax dollars.

I plan on picking up my yard signs in a day or two, please let me know if you would like one (it would be better if you lived in the district). Thanks for your help, Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment